Write & Contribute
We welcome contributions. Writing for us, you can either change lives, reach a global audience and most importantly set your own schedule!
Women issues, personal & career development as well as business is our beat. We like personal essays about major transformations; advice pieces with actionable tips to improve health, happiness, career, business, e-commerce, relationships, parenting, communication, beauty routine and even wellness.
SOME DO'S AND DON'TS
- Be original: Posts must be unique and original and have never been published or submitted elsewhere online (including your personal blog) or be slated for distribution on other sites.
- Source all claims: If you mention a statistic or a study in your piece, include a link to that source.
- Come up with a great title that grabs readers’ attention and makes them want to read your piece: Ask yourself what problem does my article solve? How will reading this make someone’s life better?
- Write a tight opening: Does the first sentence make the reader want to continue? Does your first paragraph tell the reader clearly and succinctly what the article will be about?
- Provide tips readers can implement easily.
- Write in your own voice: How would you explain your idea to a good friend? Use that conversational tone when you write.
- Your full post with a working title. Send this within the body of an email.
- Any relevant images for your post to be sent as separate files, not pasted within a doc. Send only images that you own.
- Your bio (120 words or less) with links to your website, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter pages with a headshot or photo of you to use for your bio.
THE SMALL-PRINT STUFF:
Submit only one post at a time: We read every submission we receive but we are a small staff and can’t respond to every submission. If your post has been accepted, we will respond within 14 days. If your post has not run within two weeks of submission, we have passed. Feel free to submit a different post after 14 days. By submitting to HerPortal, you acknowledge that you accept our terms and any form of editing that our editorial team deems necessary.
All contributors are encouraged to submit photos with their posts. These should be at least 500 pixels wide by 500 pixels tall (bigger in either direction, or both, is fine).